Beliefs have the Power to Create and the Power to Destroy

Hedi Slimane says;

In 1999, Gucci took over Y.S.L., which meant that Slimane would have a new boss: Tom Ford, the creative director at Gucci, who insisted that Slimane report to him.  “It was a totally new idea to me, this story of ‘reporting,’.  “I might have never heard the word ‘reporting’ before. Reporting to Tom was not going to happen.
”Bergé objected to the arrangement, too. “I was absolutely against it,”. “Tom Ford is not my cup of tea. I don’t respect him, not at all. He is not a designer. He is a marketing man.” After meeting with Ford at the Ritz , “The situation became unpleasant,”  Slimane resigned….


Read more @ New Yorker on line




No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 demandetdestroy.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.